A top South African athlete has been mugged at gunpoint while out on his morning run.
This Woman Managed To Grow Bananas In Her Own Back Garden!
We've all tried our hand at growing the odd tomato or cucumber in the garden, but Kate Burke managed to grow BANANAS!
Bananas are a fruit that are most commonly found in more tropical locations such as the Caribbean, so it was no wonder that Kate Burke was surprised to find some growing in her garden... in Stockport!
Kate has a hobby of growing tropical plants in her garden and now has lots of exotic flowers, cacti and even three different types of palm trees in her back yard.
She said , '“I couldn’t believe it when I saw one and in all my years gardening this is the achievement I am most proud of.'
She credits the unusual event to the fact that she puts duvets over he plants during the winter months, and after 10 years of having the tree, the trick seems to have actually worked!
However, they're not quite like the bananas you might find in the local supermarket and are only small - about two inches long!
But that's bigger than any bananas we've grown in our fruit and veg patches Kate, well done!
The CIA has admitted it was penetrated by an insider network - of hi-tech snack thieves.
Parents in China are calling for the latest toy craze - miniature crossbows that shoot toothpicks - to be banned.
Alaskan fisherman say they are being "chased out" of the Bering Sea by pods of killer whales which are stripping their lines of fish.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- People Shared Some Of The Most Bonkers Signs They've Seen On Their Travels!
- You'll Soon Be Able To Go For A Swim 115 Feet In The Air
- Have You Seen The Weird New Video Challenge Sweeping The Internet?
- Can You Tell Which Famous Actress This Mum Resembles?
- 118-year-old painting by Brit explorer Dr Edward Wilson discovered in Antarctica
- Crime thriller Riviera opens to record viewers
- Banksy's secret identity: Who is 'Robert' and has DJ Goldie slipped up?
- White House calls Johnny Depp's Trump assassination comments 'sad'
- Ron Howard steps in as director for Star Wars spin-off Han Solo
- Ricky Gervais defends AIDS joke after Twitter backlash