YouTube prankster cements head in microwave in Wolverhampton

7 December 2017, 19:20

A YouTube prankster had to be freed by firefighters in an hour-long rescue after he cemented his head inside a microwave.

The 22-year-old put his head in a plastic bag inside the microwave before friends poured seven bags of Polyfilla inside.

The group had intended to use the microwave as a mould, but the man got trapped. His friends spent 90 minutes trying to rescue him before fire crews were called to Fordhouses, Wolverhampton to help.

The man was able to breathe with the help of an air tube the group had managed to feed through.

West Midlands Fire and Rescue said they were "seriously unimpressed" with the group.

Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said: "As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured.

"Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded. We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck.

"He was very relieved when we removed a large chunk of the Polyfilla with a screwdriver, allowing him to breathe more easily. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head.

"It took us nearly an hour to free him. All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need."