Police investigating the disappearance and suspected murder of Claudia Lawrence are scaling down the hunt.
Defendant slits own throat during court hearing in Wales
A man waiting to be sentenced has slit his throat while standing in the dock in court.
Lukasz Robert Pawlowski was airlifted to hospital after the incident at Haverfordwest Magistrates' Court in Wales.
Wales Ambulance Service described his injuries as "serious".
A Western Telegraph reporter who was in court told Sky News: "The defendant was in the dock for a sentencing hearing when he attracted his solicitor's attention to ask to be allowed to go to the toilet.
"He returned to the dock very quickly, remained standing then muttered something through the glass.
"Suddenly everyone in the courtroom turned as he made stabbing motions at his neck. I couldn't see what he had in his hand, but he made several frantic jabs at his throat.
"It all happened so quickly, the paramedics and police were on the scene really quickly and treated him in the dock as the court was sealed off."
She said everyone was shaken by the incident.
Pawloski, 33, had previously pleaded guilty to sexual assault by grabbing and kissing a shop assistant, the Western Telegraph reported.
A police spokeswoman said officers were called to the court at around 10.20am.
"Officers attended and found an injured man at the scene, who was receiving treatment by paramedics," she said.
"He has been conveyed to Morriston Hospital by air ambulance. The extent of his injuries are unknown at this time.
"The court has been closed in order for inquiries to take place."
Police say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
Conservative MP for Pembrokeshire Stephen Crabb tweeted: "Disturbing news. No one should be in a position to harm themselves or others in a court room."
(c) Sky News 2017: Defendant slits own throat during court hearing in Wales
Lord Hague, the former Foreign Secretary, is joining the Wall Street giant Citi as the investment banking sector navigates the implications of Theresa May's Brexit strategy.
A man who was wounded in a blast at a house has been arrested on suspicion of causing an explosion to endanger life.
A puppy called Macie was "extremely lucky to survive" after swallowing an 8-inch (20cm) long kitchen knife, according to experts.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Inflation at 29-month high of 1.6% as food and air fares rise
- Russia calls British spy behind Donald Trump dossier a 'charlatan'
- Leonne Weeks: Man arrested after teen found dead on path in Rotherham
- BAT agrees Reynolds deal to create largest listed tobacco giant
- Jeremy Corbyn dismisses claims he is a vote loser ahead of by-elections
- Lindsay Lohan fuels speculation she has converted to Islam
- Glastonbury 2017: Country legend Kris Kristofferson to perform
- Sky's The Young Pope wins over hearts at US premiere
- Jamie Dornan Admits He's Open To Fifty Shades Bedroom Action!
- Several people dead in nightclub shooting at Mexico BPM Festival