UK insurance broker Swinton has announced it plans to axe 900 jobs by the end of this year as more people choose to renew their policies online.
Government extends Sky bid review until after election
The Government has extended the period for regulators to report on the proposed takeover of Sky by Fox until after the General Election.
Karen Bradley, the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, said the date by which Ofcom must report back had been pushed back from 16 May to 20 June.
She said this was "given the proximity of this decision to the forthcoming General Election".
Ms Bradley said she planned to table a written ministerial statement on the issue early next week.
US entertainment giant 21st Century Fox already has a 39% stake in Sky, the owner of Sky News.
It tabled a proposal just before Christmas to buy the remainder of the business for £11.7bn, valuing the entire company at £18.5bn.
Ms Bradley announced in March that she was intervening in the deal on the grounds of media plurality and broadcasting standards.
The announcement triggered a requirement for media regulator Ofcom to assess and report back on the deal by the initial May deadline - now extended.
A separate review by the European Commission has already given a green light to the takeover.
(c) Sky News 2017: Government extends Sky bid review until after election
What happens when a Leave-backing hedge fund manager gets together with a pro-Remain former EU Commissioner?
The asset management giant which operates in the UK under the Invesco Perpetual brand is plotting a $500m takeover of Source, a London-based funds provider.
A veteran in North Carolina has been charged with tying her service dog to a tree and shooting it five times while her soldier boyfriend filmed the killing.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- PMQs: Theresa May refuses to guarantee pensions triple lock
- Lib Dems drop 'anti-Semitic' candidate David Ward
- Joey Barton banned from football for 18 months over betting
- Twitter shares soar on strongest user growth for more than a year
- Thailand Facebook Live killing: Mum doesn't blame social media site for daughter's murder
- Madonna lashes out against unauthorised biopic Blond Ambition
- Jurassic Park: Jeff Goldblum reprises role in sequel
- Star Wars and Indiana Jones release dates revealed
- Cannes 2017: Is Will Smith fit to judge at world's most prestigious festival?
- Serena Williams brands Ilie Nastase's comments 'racist' and 'sexist'