Following Nelson Mandela's passing, we take a look at the life of one of the most inspirational icons of all time.
Nelson Mandela - Leave Your Tributes
Leave your tributes for the former South African President who has passed away aged 95.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation has responded to news of the anti-apartheid campaigner's death with the words: "We want to express our sadness at this time. No words can adequately describe this enormous loss to our nation and to the world.
"We give thanks for his life, his leadership, his devotion to humanity and humanitarian causes. We salute our friend, colleague and comrade and thank him for his sacrifices for our freedom. The three charitable organisations that he created dedicate ourselves to continue promoting his extraordinary legacy."
Tributes have also been offered by actor Idris Elba, who played the former president in the film 'Mandela' and was at its royal premiere when he heard the news: "What an honor it was to portray a man who defied odds, broke down barriers, and championed human rights before the eyes of the world."
Leave your tributes to Nelson Mandela (1918-2013) below.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's funeral: Sister hopes socialite 'heals in heaven'
- Cowell burglar convicted of £1m jewellery raid
- Oscars In Memoriam gaffe:'dead' woman in tribute video is alive
- Is THIS The Real Reason Why Jennifer Saunders Has Called Time On Ab Fab?
- Moonlight star Naomie Harris: Oscars blunder stole 'our moment'