Following Nelson Mandela's passing, we take a look at the life of one of the most inspirational icons of all time.
Nelson Mandela - Leave Your Tributes
Leave your tributes for the former South African President who has passed away aged 95.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation has responded to news of the anti-apartheid campaigner's death with the words: "We want to express our sadness at this time. No words can adequately describe this enormous loss to our nation and to the world.
"We give thanks for his life, his leadership, his devotion to humanity and humanitarian causes. We salute our friend, colleague and comrade and thank him for his sacrifices for our freedom. The three charitable organisations that he created dedicate ourselves to continue promoting his extraordinary legacy."
Tributes have also been offered by actor Idris Elba, who played the former president in the film 'Mandela' and was at its royal premiere when he heard the news: "What an honor it was to portray a man who defied odds, broke down barriers, and championed human rights before the eyes of the world."
Leave your tributes to Nelson Mandela (1918-2013) below.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Sir Philip Green ponders saving Topshop Australia after company collapse
- Raided barbershop visited by Salman Abedi 'shut down day after bombing'
- Damon Smith jailed for leaving bomb on Jubilee Line Tube train
- Sainsbury's eyes bid for giant Tesco supplier
- Tories and Labour not being honest with voters on likely tax rises, IFS warns