A man has been evicted from his bed at the James Paget University Hospital.
Drugs Gang Jailed
Members of a significant drug trafficking network which was supplying heroin and crack cocaine to Norwich from London have been sentenced to jail terms totalling over 40 years.
Its after a big investigation by Norfolk Police.
13 members of the group, admitted to conspiring to supply Class A drugs at an earlier hearing whilst three were found guilty after a trial in February 2011. All were sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Monday, 28th March. It relates to offences committed in the first six months of 2010.
Linford Goode, 24, of Halston Road, London, was found guilty and jailed for 10 years by Judge Alastair Darroch, for being the mastermind behind the network.
His accomplices, Mortaza Robaee, of Haydons Road, South London (found guilty), and Deland Payne, of Mitcham, Surrey, both aged 24, were sentenced to six years and four years respectively.
Also jailed today for their part in the drug dealing network were:
- Huseyin Emin, 20, of Elderfield Road, London, 3 years 3 months
- Adam Karatas, 21, of New North Road, London, 3 years 3 months
- John Chapman, 25, of George Winter Court, Norwich, 2 years 3 months
- Paula Chapman, 24, of George Winter Court, Norwich, one year (also found guilty)
- Gavin Triggs, 32, Heathgate, Norwich, 2 years and 6 months
- Wayne Bunting, 38, of Coltsfoot Road, Horsford, 2 years 3 months
- Paul Jolley, 37, of Churchman Road, Norwich, 2 years
- Colin Hughes, 45, of Palmer Road, Norwich, 2 years 6 months
- Adam Buckenham, 41, Thorpe Road, Norwich, 2 years 3 months.
The following received non-custodial sentences for drugs offences:
- Portia Bunting, 31, of Coltsfoot Road, Horsford, 12 month community order
- Andrea Clarke, 39, of Heathgate, Norwich, six-month Community Order
- Emma Marshall, Catton Grove Road, Norwich, 12 month Community Order, required to carry out 250 hours unpaid work
- Kelly Hulme, 26, Duoro Place, Norwich, 12 month community order.
Superintendent Paul Sanford, District Lead for Norwich, welcomed the sentencing saying:
“Today’s sentencing helps to provide reassurance to members of the public that officers in Norfolk Constabulary are aware that drug dealing can and does cause misery for users, their families and the wider community.
“This operation targeted an organised group of offenders who were conspiring to supply drugs into the communities of Norwich. The investigation has seen a huge number of drug dealers taken off the streets and put behind bars."
One person has died and another is in hospital after being injured in the boiler room of a ship docking at the Port of Felixstowe.
Abellio selling 40% of the Greater Anglia rail franchise.
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Leonne Weeks, 16, who was found dead on a path in Rotherham.
Recently Played Tracks
9pm - 1am
Text 'HEART' to 82122
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.