East: Travel Disruption Because Of Winds
12 February 2014, 15:33
Here is a list of all the latest travel information and services affected by high winds.
- Despite reopening there are still long delays on the Orwell Bridge and routes around the A14 near Ipswich after the bridge was shut for most of the afternoon.
- First Buses has tweeted: The #X1 will continue to operate through to Peterborough tonight but subject to delay due to trees down & high winds in some areas.
- The Orwell Bridge has now reopened
- In Norwich the A1042 Yarmouth Road is partially blocked due to fallen tree at Boundary Lane.
- Trains from Norwich to Cambridge are being delayed because of a tree down at Shippea Hill near Ely. Trains from Ipswich to Cambridge will start to improve after an early tree down at Kennett was cleared.
- A1066 both ways blocked, delays due to fallen tree at Rushford in Norfolk
- Norfolk Police tweet: Motorists warned to take care on the county’s roads in the strong winds and heavy rain - ow.ly/typBr
- St Edmundsbury Police tweet: A143 Gt Barton - Road now clear!
- St Edmundsbury Police tweet: Now starting to get reports of trees down in the rural area - latest report is tree on A143 Great Barton near the Bunbury Arms partial block
- Suffolk Police tweet: Motorists warned of trees & branches down on many roads in #Suffolk. Please slow down & take care on the roads. #Suffolkroads
- The Orwell Bridge has been closed and will remain shut until at least 5pm this evening
- Trains between Ipswich and Cambridge have been delayed or cancelled because of a fallen tree on the line
- Police warn people to drive with care and the fire service in Suffolk have put another warning out to tell people not to drive in flooded roads.
- Parks and cemeteries have been closed around Ipswich