Kentford: 14,000 Litres Of Diesel Stolen
8 November 2013, 07:39
14,000 litres of diesel were siphoned from a tank at the site, with an estimated value in excess of £18,000.
The theft of diesel from a filling station in Kentford occurred between 8pm Wednesday 6th November and 6am Thursday 7th at the premises in Bury Road. A large vehicle would have been required to steal this amount of fuel and police would like to hear from anybody who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area.
Anyone with information relating to this crime is asked to contact PC Derek Gallagher at Mildenhall Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Filling station owners are advised to consider taking the following measures to prevent fuel theft:
- Ensure the site is well-illuminated, raising the chance of any thieves being witnessed by passers-by
- Install a good-quality CCTV system which records to a hard drive
- Fit alarms to fuel tanks which can detect a sudden drop in volume
- Enclose tanks in secure compounds where possible
- Enhance perimeter security of the site, restricting vehicular access overnight if feasible
For further crime prevention advice call 101 and ask to speak to your local Crime Reduction Officer