A man has died following a crash in Long Melford.
Latitude: Safety Advice
Police are giving advice to people going to the Latitude Festival in Suffolk on how to stay safe.
It has been found that the main crime problem at music festivals across the UK tends to be thefts from tents on the campsites.
Police are urging everyone attending Latitude this year to take crime reduction measures to make sure you protect yourself and your property.
A sheet giving crime reduction tips is being circulated in advance of the event to ensure you don't become a victim of crime. The sheet includes information on personal safety as well as steps you can take to make sure crime doesn't ruin your festival experience.
Top safety tips for Latitude Festival:
- Stick with your friends. If you’re with people you know and trust the chances are you’ll look out for each other.
- Moderate your alcohol consumption. Overdo it and you’ll be less aware and less likely to spot dangers.
- Be careful. Festivals give you the opportunity to meet new friends but going off alone with people who you’ve just met may lead you into situations you don’t want to be in.
- There is safety in groups. Set up camp near friends, make friends with your neighbours and learn the layout of the site so you can find what you need – toilets/ stewards, etc, without getting lost.
- Always ask staff for help with directions or anything else.
- If you can’t take your valuables with you when you leave your tent leave them at home.
A third person has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of Dean Stansby in Ipswich.
A 31-year-old man has been arrested in Norfolk on suspicion of terror offences, Scotland Yard said.
Detectives investigating a murder in Ipswich have arrested a man in connection with the incident.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.