Search Resumes For Two People Missing Off Lowestoft
11 March 2014, 05:36
After a man died after being pulled from the water yesterday, a search for two more people has begun again this morning.
- 1400 Monday 10th March - Reports to the Coastguard and police of a man and an upturned boat in the water off the coast of Lowestoft.
- 1400 - The Lowestoft RNLI lifeboat is sent out
- 1425 - A man wearing a lifejacket is found floating in the water between the Claremont Pier and South Pier and a Coastguard search and rescue operation is started.
- 1500 - Despite efforts to revive him the man found in the water is pronounced dead and taken to the James Paget Hospital
- 1900 - The white and blue speedboat pulled from the water
- 1915 - After a thorough search of the area through the afternoon and into the evening, nothing else is found. Decision made to call of search unless any new information comes to light.
- 2130 - Humber Coastguard makes the decision to carry out further searches between Lowestoft and Southwold. Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard Rescue Teams, the RAF search and rescue helicopter from Wattisham, and RNLI Gorleston and Lowestoft lifeboats involved.
- 1240 Tuesday 11th March - Search stood down for the night. Nothing found.
- 0845 Coastguard Rescue Teams from Lowestoft and Southwold start shoreline search this morning at low water. There are no plans to carry out a sea search.
- 1130 Two men from the Great Yarmouth area have been reported as missing to Norfolk Police and enquiries are continuing to find them
- 1330 Station Officer Peter Byatt Speaks To Heart's Amy Blunt