Family Statement: "Aiden was such a joy to be around"
Norfolk & Suffolk: Rail Fares Going Up
People using the trains in Suffolk and Norfolk will be having to pay more for their travel from January.
People using National Express East Anglia services will be paying an average of 5.8% from January 2012.
A National Express East Anglia spokesperson said: "National Express East Anglia train fares will rise by an average of 5.8% from 2 January 2012. These increases reflect the policy announced by government in the Autumn statement.'
The Association of Train Operating Companies made the announcement and their chief executive Michael Roberts said: ``Money raised through fares helps pay for new trains, faster services and better stations.
"The long-standing Government approach to sustaining rail investment is to cut the contribution from taxpayers and increase the share paid for by passengers.''
ATOC said that of every pound of income that train companies receive:
- 48p goes to Network Rail (which charges operators to run trains on the tracks) and other infrastructure costs;
- 17p goes on staff costs;
- 17p goes on miscellaneous costs (including train maintenance, administration, contractors);
- 11p goes on leasing trains;
- 4p goes on fuel/energy;
- 3p goes to train company profit.
The increases will mean that the current prices now will change from 2nd January 2012. They will be:
Norwich to London Liverpool Street
- Off peak single from £44.70 to £45
- Anytime single from £55.40 to £58.70
- First anytime single £88.50 to £94.00
Norwich to Ipswich
- Anytime single from £12.70 to £13.40
- First anytime single from £19.90 to £21.10
Ipswich to London Liverpool Street
- Off peak single from £33.80 to £34.40
- Anytime single from £40.80 to £43.30
- First anytime single from £65.50 from £69.50
Source: The Trainline
The £1.5 billion deal will also see new fleet rolled out across the network.
Connor Hibberd Expected To Serve Up To 4 Years In Custody
80 Year-Old Has Dementia Deemed Not Fit To Stand Trial
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.