Supplies Switched On In South Of Town First
Murder Suspect's Movements Revealed
Police investigating the murder of a family of four have released details of where they think their main suspect was, before and after they were killed.
Northamptonshire Police hope by releasing the timeline, more people will come forward with information that will help them find businessman Anxiang Du.
The 52 year old's wanted over the deaths of Jifeng Ding, his wife Helen and their two daughters, who were found stabbed to death at their home in Wootton, Northampton on Sunday 1 May 2011. It's believed they were murdered on the royal wedding day, 29 April.
The murder probe moved to London on Thursday 12 May 2011 after the family's Vauxhall Corsa hire car - apparently used by Du to escape from the scene - was found in Venables Street, St John's Wood.
Northamptonshire Police said staff continued to respond to sightings of Du across the country over the weekend, but he still remains at large.
A team of detectives have also been trawling through hours of CCTV footage seized when detectives went to London after the discovery of the car.
And the force has now released a timeline of movements Du is believed to have taken, in a bid to jog someone's memory.
The timeline gives rough times of Du apparently leaving his home in Coventry, travelling to Birmingham New Street Station, then arriving in Northampton by train.
There he is thought to have gone from the train station to the town's bus station, and caught a bus to Wootton where the Ding family lived.
He is then thought to have driven to London using the missing Corsa, which was seen at services on the M1 that evening.
The timeline below shows the movements Mr Du is believed to have taken on Friday 29 April:
• Mr Du is believed to have left his home in Coventry on Friday morning, leaving Coventry Station at approximately 10.30am.
• A CCTV image shows Mr Du entering Birmingham New Street Station at 11.22am.
• He arrived at Northampton train station at 12.35pm. At 1pm he is believed to have been at Northampton Town Centre Bus Station, where he waited in Bay 19, eventually getting on the Number 15 bus to Wootton.
• Mr Du queried his stop at 1.20pm but remained on the bus. At 1.23pm he asked the driver for directions.
• The Ding family was murdered between 3.00 - 4.00pm.
• Mr Du is believed to have been in the Northampton area until at least 10.15pm, and is thought to have been at the services at J15a of the M1 between 9.45pm and 10.15pm on that Friday evening.
• Detectives believe Mr Du could then have driven to London.
• The vehicle Mr Du is thought to have taken from the Ding’s driveway was found in Venables Street, Westminster, on Wednesday 11 May.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Gareth Wesley
1pm - 5pm
Text 'RADIO' to 82122
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.