Snake rescued by firefighters

20 April 2011, 11:15

A two foot long grass snake's had to be rescued by firefighters after getting its head stuck in a light fitting.

The light was inside the tank the snake was being kept in at a house in the Kingsthorpe area of Northampton.  Fire crews were called to Boughton Green Road at 3pm on Tuesday 19 April 2011.

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service have told Heart the snake had popped his head through a hole in the light fitting and then got stuck.  They spent twenty minutes snipping around the snake to get it out.

We're told the snake was "quite distressed" on being released and the firefighters had trouble keeping hold of it.

Snake rescued by firefighters

Matthew and Renee Morrison

Glee's Matthew Morrison Welcomes First Baby With A Very Unusual Name

Gemma Collins Stage Dive This Morning

WATCH! Gemma Collins Explains That EPIC Stage Fall And We're STILL Laughing

Pat Phelan, Coronation Street

Corrie Killer Phelan's In For Deadly Week As New Spoilers Hint At Christmas Murders

Gunpowder Gore

Kit Harrington Drama 'Gunpowder' Shocks Fans For All The Wrong Reasons