Police say two children are in intensive care after a car hit six people in a crowd in Newcastle.
Kids Risk Lives By Charging Phone In Bed
Thousands of North East children are risking their lives every night by charging their phone next to their bed, according to research by Electrical Safety First.
The organisation's study has found three in four children in our region have a potentially fatal fire hazard in their bedroom, whether it be a charging mobile or fairy lights.
In our region, it also discovered more than half of young people admit to charging their phone next to their bed, meanwhile one in three leave it under their pillow.
The findings also show children have on average 10 electrical items in their bedroom.
Wallsend mum-of-five Elizabeth Doyle-Davies is lucky to be alive after her tablet caught fire during the night:
The study also shows parents are even more likely than their children to take risks with electrics with over eight in 10 admitting they take risks.
For example, 41% of parents have used or purchased a cheap unbranded charger.
Two people have been convicted of the murder of Jimmy Prout. Two others have been found guilty of causing or allowing his death
More than 30 people from the North East have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours List
A joint funeral's taken place for South Shields couple Liam Curry and Chloe Rutherford, who died in the Manchester Arena attack
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.