Lee Irving was beaten for days, drugged and dumped by the side of a footpath in June last year
Roads Closed For Sunderland Half Marathon And 10k
Thousands are expected in Sunderland as runners and spectators gear up for the 10k and half marathon events through the city.
Ahead of the races, a warm up for runners will be hosted by Apprentice star Katie Bulmer-Cooke from Ashbrooke.
Both races will be started by members of the Sunderland Ladies football team, with Sunderland athlete Aly Dixon the favourite to win the 10k event.
Runners will start and finish at the Stadium of Light, with the 10k underway at 10am and half marathon at 10:25am.
The route includes Sunderland city centre, Hendon, Grangetown and Ashbrooke.
Roads are closed at times between 08:00 and 16:00.
Full List Of Road Closures
|West Wear Street||08:00||11:30|
|Ryhope Road (Grangetown)||08:00||12:00|
|Ryhope Road (Ashbrooke)||08:00||12:20|
|The Cedars/Glen Path||08:00||12:20|
|Mowbray Road (between Ryhope Road
and Ashbrooke Road)
|Riverside Dame Dorothy Way||08:00||15:30|
|Seafront Roker Terrace - A183 to Side Cliff Road||09:00||15:00|
Access to Marina area, Liberty Way and Sand Point via control point at Wolsey Pub/Langeeford Place
Side cliff Road and A183 beyond that junction are open Stadium North
A1018 fully open beyond White House Road Roundabout
FOOTPATHS AND CYCLE PATHS THAT WILL BE CLOSED
- Footpath leading from Bonner’s Field to Palmers Hill Quay
- National Cycle Network off-road cycle path, riverside route from Palmer’s Hill Quay, in a northerly direction
- Footpaths along the west, north and east sides of North Dock
- Footpaths between Normanby Court and Wheatsheaf Court
- Footpath between Craven Court and Hallgarth Court
- Footpath, which extends from Marine Walk into Roker Park, beneath Roker Terrace
- The coastal footpath that runs along the cliff top from Roker Park / Side Cliff Road to Seaburn Terrace / Seaburn Beach
- The Promenade at Seaburn, from Dykelands Road to South Bents Avenue
A team of trained officers will investigate allegations of child abuse at Newcastle United, relating to the 1980s and 1990s
A Gateshead mum, who lost her son in a crash caused by a driver on drink and drugs, is warning others not to drink or drug drive
Police were called to an alley near Poplar Street this morning where a man was found seriously injured
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.