Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard's announced his playing career is over.
Hillsborough Victims 'Unlawfully Killed'
The jury at the new inquests for the 96 victims of the Hillsborough Disaster have concluded that they were unlawfully killed, and that the main cause of the tragedy was the actions of the police
The jury in Warrington also concluded that the behaviour of Liverpool fans at the stadium didn't cause or contribute to what happened.
Summary Of The Main Jury Findings:
- Both the police and the ambulance service caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster by an error or omission after the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop
- They found unanimously that policing of the match caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles
- Commanding officers caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace as did those senior officers in the police control box when the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end
- Features of the design, construction and layout of the stadium considered to be dangerous or defective caused or contributed to the disaster
- The safety certification and oversight of the stadium also played a part
- Sheffield Wednesday's then consultant engineers, Eastwood & Partners, should have done more to detect and advise on any unsafe or unsatisfactory features of the stadium which caused or contributed to the disaster
Family and friends pay tribute to Tom Jackson, 30, killed in Queensland
The team behind the criminal investigation into the Hillsborough Disaster, Operation Resolve, have identified 19 people they want to speak to about the day
Pair convicted of killing Lancashire businesswoman in love rivalry
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: James Stewart
1am - 6am
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart North West.