Men are less likely to talk than women with 54% of women having had a conversation compared to 37% of men.
Labour launches justice reforms
Labour is proposing a major new package of reforms to the Policing and Criminal Justice system, to try to rebalance the system, in favour of ordinary families, so no one has to go through what the families of the 96 did.
The Shadow Home Secretary explained why;
"The 27-year struggle of the Hillsborough families exposes just how the odds are often stacked against ordinary families in their quest for truth about the loss of loved ones, with too much power is in the hands of the authorities."
"Hillsborough must mark a moment of real change - when Parliament resolves to rebalance the police and criminal justice system and put more power in the hands of ordinary people to get justice. Never again should any bereaved families have to fight like the Hillsborough families have had to fight."
The package of reforms include;
- A legal right for bereaved families to receive equal funding for legal representation as the Police at Inquests.
- No time limit on the period after leaving the force that a retired officer can be investigated for misconduct.
- A requirement for the Government to proceed with an inquiry into relations between Police and press.
- A ban on 'unattributable briefings' to the media by Police in respect of incidents under investigation.
- Secure the independence of the current Independent Police Complaints Commission by preventing the hiring of former Police staff to the body's executive.
- Codify the common law offence of misconduct in public office and to make it a criminal offence.
Hillsborough campaigner, Margaret Aspinall, will speak to Parliament, about her experiences with the police and the Criminal Justice System over the past 27 years.
Specialist teams are searching land on the Wirral as part of an inquiry into the disappearance of Steven Preston in 1992.
A four-year-old girl died a day after being hit by a car with her Grandmother in St Helens.
Hundreds of thousands of commuters could be affected by strikes as action over driver-only trains spreads to northern rail networks.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart North West.