False eyelashes and me!
So we know Cheryl Cole loves them, Kylie won’t leave the house without them, Duffy sometimes wears 2 or maybe 3 at any time and even the Presidents wife Michelle Obama's is a HUGE fan. It seems false eyelashes are taking over the world. I had my first encounter with them at the weekend.
It’s not what you think. I was trying to help a girlfriend, I must say I’ve never been good with eyes and getting so close to someone elses eyes nearly made me, well – faint! I know – I would be a rubbish girl!
At times I am glad I’m a bloke. Although falsies look great when on they are possibly the most awkward fashion accessory in history to apply. However there is help at hand – I noticed this from OK magazine. It’s their essential guide on how to put the darn things on. Thought this may help you or if you have a partner who ever asks you for assistance.
1) Take your lashes out of the pack and measure them against your eye lid. If they're too long, trim them carefully with a pair of nail scissors - WARNING badly-fitting lashes will make your eyes looked closed!
2) Use the point of a pair of tweezers (so you can be extra precise) to apply the glue to the false lash.
3) Close your eye and place the lashes on top of your natural lashes, right up to the lash roots.
4) Hold at each corner until dry - this will stop the false lash drying straight across your eye and will give a more natural look.
5) Wait for a minute (until the glue has fully dried) and then apply mascara to blend with your natural ones.
6) Use a liquid liner to blend the lash line to the lid.
If you still can’t do it – just go out in your own eye lashes – it’s less hassle!