Simon Beale off the record
Find out more about Simon including his favourite gigs and drop him an email.
Simon's your host for Heartbreakers from Sunday to Thursday (10am to 1pm).
Here's your chance to find out more about your Heartbreakers host, check out his blog and drop him an email.
Which celebrity would you have play you in a film of your life?
Brad Pitt, as we look so similar.
Most likely to be spotted on the dance-floor when which song is playing?
DeBarge – Rhythm Of The Night (I love 80s cheese!)
Your most embarrasing moment?
My MOST embarrassing moment is TOO embarrassing to mention here. It’s a closely guarded secret! But when I was junior school, I used to go home for lunch each day. Except one day, I went home during morning break by accident, not realising the time. My mum seemed a bit surprised to see me when I got home and she had to walk me back to school, where the entire class took great pleasure in applauding me as I walked back in.
What's the best piece of advice anyone's ever given you?
"Be yourself" and "Treat others like you’d like to be treated".
The best gig you ever went to?
Picking one is almost impossible as I’ve liked different gigs for different reasons:
- Michael Jackson – Dangerous Tour (1992) for the spectacle
- Sting – Mercury Falling Tour (1996) for the music
- U2 – Elevation Tour (2001) they’re a band you HAVE to see live at least once
Your favourite quote?
I have a few...
- "I was playing all the right notes … not necessarily in the right order" (Eric Morcambe)
Or anything by the American comedian Steven Wright including:
- "Officer, I know I was going faster than 55mph, but I wasn't going to be on the road an hour"
- "I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met"
- "I intend to live forever - so far, so good”