Matthew Loder Jailed For 14 Years
Peterborough: Bike Theft Investigation
Investigators have released CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to as part of an anti-bike theft campaign in Peterborough.
Transport Police investigating officer PC Simon Corden, told Heart: "A 48 year-old man from Peterborough left his bike securely locked at the Peterborough station cycle racks on Thursday morning (Jan 24th); when he returned at 6pm, he noticed his bike had been taken.
After viewing CCTV at the cycle racks, a man is seen hanging around the racks around 3.40pm, before later taking the bike."
Officers are continuing their enquiries but are appealing for anyone who recognises the man pictured to come forward.
PC Corden added: "Officers work tirelessly to crack down on cycle theft, which cause victims great distress, often leaving them stranded at the station and having to find other means to get home. If you recognise the man pictured, please come forward."
Anyone with information which could assist the investigation is asked to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 with reference B5/LNA of 11/02/13. Or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Advice for keeping your bike safe and secure:
• Bicycles are a popular target for thieves. Here are some simple tips to ensure your cycle remains secure:
• Always lock your bicycle whenever you leave it at a designated cycle rack area. Lock the frame and both wheels to a cycle stand.
• Consider using more than one lock to secure your bike and ensure that you use a recognised security standard lock. D-locks, extension cable or heavy chain locks are certified locking mechanisms. It is important to ensure that yours are up to date.
• Make the lock(s) and bike hard to manoeuvre when parked by ensuring little room between the stand and the bike.
• Do not allow your lock(s) to come into contact with the ground, where they are viewed as more vulnerable.
• Take a photograph of your bike and record your frame number and key details. This will be crucial in recovering your bike if it is stolen.
• Mark your frame with your postcode in two separate locations, one of which should be hidden. Attach a ‘Coded Cycle’ label to reduce the risk of making your bike a target for theft.
• Do not ride with valuables in open baskets or panniers.
• Register your bicycle at www.immobilise.com or www.bikeregister.com
Funding For New Cambridge, Bedford, MK, and Oxford East-West Rail And Expressway Road
County Authority Formally Votes To Back Regional Devolution Deal
20 Year Jail Terms For Double Murderers Referred To Attorney General
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: James Merritt
1am - 6am
Text 'HEART' to 82122
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.