Man Rescued From Fire In Glasgow Flat

13 July 2016, 14:38

Firefighters have rescued a man from a flat blaze in Glasgow.

Crews were called to reports of a fire in the third-floor flat in St Vincent Crescent, in the Finnieston area of the city, on Wednesday morning.

A man had to be rescued and was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary after appearing to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Two women were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: "We received a 999 call shortly before 9am in which the caller reported seeing smoke coming from the upper floors of a tenement building in St Vincent Crescent.

"Four fire engines were immediately mobilised and firefighters reached the scene within five minutes.

"They found a fire within a third-floor property and a team in breathing apparatus tackled the flames using a high pressure jet.

"Our firefighters rescued a man and provided assistance to him and two women until paramedics arrived.

"The man appeared to be suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke and after being assessed by ambulance personnel he was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.''

Amanda Holden Spills The Beans On Her Relationship

Amanda Holden Reveals She Has 'Always Loved' Simon Cowell

Scarlett Moffatt Opens Up About Her Split

WATCH: Scarlett Moffatt Reveals How She Is Coping With Her Break Up

Rachel Riley left red faced

Rachel Riley Left Blushing After Rude 8 Letter Word Appeared On Countdown!

Mel Sue Mary Berry

Mel And Sue Will Reunite With Mary Berry For A Christmas Special