Police call-handling performance has continued to improve over the past year, a new report by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary in Scotland (HMICS) has found.
Prime Minister's Pledge On Holyrood
Devolution legislation is to be changed to make it ''crystal clear'' that the Scottish Parliament is a permanent part of the UK's politics, David Cameron has pledged.
The Prime Minister used the first anniversary of the independence referendum to confirm his government would make amendments to the Scotland Bill to achieve that.
That legislation will make Holyrood ''one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world'', Mr Cameron said.
The UK Government is to bring forward an amendment to the Bill aimed at strengthening the language about the permanence of the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.
The changes will also put in legislation that Holyrood can only ever be abolished if this is backed by the Scottish people in a referendum.
Mr Cameron said: ''One year ago, Scotland's majority spoke. More Scots voted to keep our kingdom united than have ever voted for any party in any election in Scottish history.
''They voted decisively for a powerful Scottish parliament within a strong and secure United Kingdom. We listened.
''So, let me be crystal clear: Scottish devolution is woven into the very fabric of our United Kingdom.
''We will table an amendment to the Scotland Bill so there is absolutely no doubt: Holyrood is here to stay.''
In last year's referendum, 55% of voters backed remaining in the UK, with 45% in favour of independence.
But May's general election saw the SNP win all but three of the Scottish constituencies while two opinion polls this month have suggested a majority of people are now in favour of independence.
Mr Cameron, however, said: ''Alex Salmond, Nicola Sturgeon and I signed the Edinburgh Agreement which pledged we would all respect the outcome of last year's momentous vote.
''We all agreed - as do the Scottish public - that the independence referendum should be a 'once-in-a-generation' or a 'once-in-a-lifetime' event. So, now it is time to move on.''
He added: ''Some may want to obsess about separation.
''But I am focused on delivering devolution so that the debate can move on from what powers the Scottish Parliament should have, to how they are used to better the lives of the people of Scotland.
''Today, on the anniversary of that historic vote, let me be repeat: We are delivering a new, accountable and permanent Scottish Parliament. Holyrood will be one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world.''
Masked armed robbers have made off with a five-figure sum of cash after swooping on a security van in a night-time raid.
Drop-off charges are to be introduced at one of Scotland's busiest airports as part of plans for a new multi-million pound facility.
Officials are ''optimistic'' that the £1.35 billion Queensferry Crossing will never have to close as a result of wind-shielding being fitted during the project.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Scotland- East.