Officials are ''optimistic'' that the £1.35 billion Queensferry Crossing will never have to close as a result of wind-shielding being fitted during the project.
Scotrail Strikes Latest
More strikes are planned on Scotrail this weekend
RMT Union members are walking out in a row over driver-only trains.
Services which will be running as normal are:
- Helensburgh/Milngavie - Edinburgh via Glasgow Queen St Low Level, Airdrie and Bathgate
- Dumbarton Central - Cumbernauld via Glasgow Queen St Low Level
- Balloch - Airdrie via Glasgow Queen St Low Level
- Milngavie to Motherwell/Cumbernauld via Glasgow Central Low Level
- Carstairs/Cumbernauld/Motherwell to Anderston via Glasgow Central Low Level
- Anderston to Whifflet/Motherwell/Carstairs via Glasgow Central Low Level
- Motherwell/Whifflet to Dalmuir via Glasgow Central Low Level
- Dalmuir to Larkhall via Glasgow Central Low Level
- Larkhall to Milngavie via Glasgow Central Low Level
- Glasgow Central - Motherwell/Lanark
- Glasgow Central - Cathcart/Neilston/Newton
- Glasgow Central - Ayr
- Glasgow Central - Largs/Ardrossan
- Glasgow Central - Wemyss Bay/Gourock
- Glasgow Central - Paisley Canal
Services running with reduced frequency:
- Glasgow Central - Stirling/Perth/Dundee/Aberdeen
- Glasgow Central - East Kilbride
- Glasgow Central - Kilmarnock
- Edinburgh - Tweedbank
- Edinburgh - Fife Circle
- Edinburgh - Perth/Inverness
- Edinburgh - Dundee
- Edinburgh - Dunblane
- Edinburgh - Glasgow Queen St Low Level via Falkirk High
- Edinburgh - North Berwick
- Edinburgh – Dunbar
- Edinburgh – Aberdeen/Dyce/Inverurie
- Edinburgh – Alloa (a limited Edinburgh – Dunblane service will operate as above)
- North Berwick/Edinburgh – Glasgow Central/Ayr via Motherwell and Carstairs (Glasgow – Ayr services will operate as normal)
- Glasgow Queen St – Stirling/Dunblane/Alloa/Dundee/Carnoustie/Arbroath
- Anniesland – Falkirk Grahamston
- Stranraer/Girvan – Ayr/Kilmarnock/Glasgow Central
- Glasgow Central - Inverness
A super slimmer is backing a cancer charity's campaign urging the Scottish Government to restrict junk food promotions.
Nicola Sturgeon has said a Supreme Court ruling that the UK Government is "not legally compelled'' to consult the devolved administrations before formally starting the Brexit process raises "fundamental issues'' for Scotland.
Britain's most senior judges will rule if Theresa May has the power to trigger the formal process for the UK's exit from the European Union.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Scotland- East.