Scots boy hurt in electric shock on railway line

A teenager is in a serious condition in hospital after suffering an electric shock on a railway line.

The incident happened near an overhead bridge close to Whitelees Road in Lanark, South Lanarkshire, at around 8pm on Thursday.

The 14-year-old was rushed to Wishaw General Hospital for treatment.

A spokesman for the Scottish Ambulance Service said: "We received an emergency call shortly after 8pm this evening to attend to a 14-year-old who had been electrocuted.

"Two ambulances attended and the patient was taken to Wishaw General Hospital with serious injuries.''

Recently Played Tracks

To listen live, choose your preferred location:

Go

On TV: 1999's Biggest Sellers!

1pm - 2pm

Watch heart TV

  • Lou Bega Mambo No. 5

    Now

    iTunes

  • Shania Twain That Don't Impress Me Much

    13:45

    iTunes

  • Shanks & Bigfoot Sweet Like Chocolate

    13:39

    iTunes

  • Alice Deejay Better Off Alone

    13:36

    iTunes

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Shopping Our Advertisers

Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Scotland- East.

Follow Heart on Twitter