Fresh failings have been raised at a criticised police control room over the handling of reports of concern for a vulnerable man who was later found dead.
Toddler Found With Wiring From Toy Bear Wrapped Around Her Neck
Trading standards officers have issued a warning to parents after a toddler was discovered with electrical wiring from a teddy bear wrapped around her neck.
Moray Council said the child's parents bought the two light-up teddies from an online marketplace.
The mother then found her daughter had opened the zip on the back of one of the toys and exposed a length of electrical cord that caused the incident.
The girl had also removed a significant quantity of loose stuffing from inside the bear and placed it in her mouth, which could have resulted in her choking.
Local trading standards officers said the teddies are among the worst examples of unsafe toys that they have come across.
An inspection of the toys by trading standards officers found the electrical wiring and attached lights were easily accessible and were a strangulation hazard.
Similarly, no protection was in place to prevent the choking hazard and the toys also contained numerous other small parts which could potentially have caused a child to choke.
The teddy bears also lacked any labelling, including the required CE mark.
Peter Adamson, trading standards manager at Moray Council, said: ''Protecting children from dangerous toys is one of our highest priorities and it was shocking when these teddy bears were brought to our notice.
''It would appear that because the toys were bought direct online, they had evaded all of the normal checks that would normally take place when goods are imported into the EU and the UK.
''Fortunately, in this instance no harm came to the child but we need to warn potential purchasers of the risks they take when buying toys for young children from suppliers who cut corners.
''Our officers are continuing their inquiries to try and determine where these toys came from.''
A teenager is being treated in hospital after he was stabbed in an incident being treated as attempted murder.
A City Deal worth around £1 billion which will see thousands of jobs created in and around Edinburgh has been signed in the capital today.
The son of a woman who was killed in a rally car accident has told an inquiry they were moving to a safer spot when the crash happened.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Scotland- East.