On Air Now
14 October 2015, 19:18
Work has started on dismantling the remains of two of Glasgow's Red Road flats following their partial demolition at the weekend.
Under the initial plans, the six tower blocks were to be left with 10 storeys remaining, to be brought down later.
But four of the six multi-storey flats appeared to be demolished in a single blast on Sunday, with two remaining partially upright.
The remaining storeys were being brought down today with high-reach machinery, Glasgow Housing Associaiton (GHA) said.
It previously said Sunday's blowdown "didn't go completely to plan''.
Contractor Safedem started dismantling 123 Petershill Court, with the work involving weakening the steel frame enough to enable it to be brought down to ground level under controlled conditions.
A safe exclusion zone within the site has been set up so that parts of the structure can be dismantled safely.
A GHA spokesman said: "Although two of the blocks did not fall exactly as predicted on Sunday, all blocks are now at a height that the demolition can be completed as planned.
"The contractor has now begun work on dismantling the remaining floors of the blocks. This work will be carried out under strict health and safety conditions and with minimum disruption to residents.''