Scotland's Snow News.
Keep it Heart for all your school closure information in Scotland, public transport changes and travel news.
As temperatures plummet and snow disrupts schools and transport links, Heart has the latest school closures and travel information across Scotland.
Listen to Heart using the "listen to Heart" button above, or tune to Heart on FM or DAB Digital Radio across Scotland. Click on the useful links below for the latest information…
Click the link through to your local council school closure page to find out if your school is closed due to the bad weather.
- East Dunbartonshire
- East Lothian
- East Renfrewshire
- North Lanarkshire
- South Lanarkshire
- West Dunbartonshire
- West Lothian
Information on these websites is maintained by the relevant authorities.
When the bad weather hits, public transport is often hit with delays, cancellations and amendments to timetables. Whether you're travelling on the bus, trains or in the air, the latest information can be found below.
- Caledonian MacBrayne
- Edinburgh Trams
- First Bus Glasgow
- First Bus Central Scotland
- Lothian Buses
- McGill's Buses
- Strathclyde Partnership for Transport
Heart has the latest travel information every 15 minutes during Heart Breakfast, from 6:30am until 10am or whenever travel news warrants a bulletin; throughout the day, and from 4pm on Heart Drivetime.
Or use the links below to get the latest on Scotland's Roads
Heart's Live Updates
- Severe delays, road closed and queueing traffic due to snow on M80 Northbound between J5 (Auchenkilns Junction) and M9 J9 (Bannockburn), congestion to J3 (Kirkintilloch) and on A9 to M876 (Larbert) and on A752 to M73 J2a (Gartcosh / Muirhead).
Many vehicles are stuck on the carriageway. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. The Southbound carriageway reopened around 10:30.
- A809 in both directions closed due to snow between Craigton Road (Milngavie) and B834 (Craighat).
- A9 in both directions blocked, slow traffic due to snow around A824.
Vehicles are struggling in the conditions passing Auchterarder and Gleneagles, many vehicles are stationary.
- A89 Coatbridge Road in both directions closed, slow traffic due to serious accident at A752 Langmuir Road. In the roadworks area.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Scotland- East.