Your one-stop shop for all information about the upcoming 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'.
Happy Roald Dahl Day! Here's Our Top 10 Phizz-Whizzing Roald Dahl Quotes
Roald Dahl has entertained us and our children for decades, and on what would be his 100th birthday we celebrate his wacky words of wisdom!
Roald Dahl is arguably one of the most famous children's authors in the world.
His creative mind brought to life many of our childhood favourites such as Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach and The BFG.
We've scoured all his most loved books to find our favourite words of wit and wisdom.
1. ‘So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall…’
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2. ‘It’s impossible to make your eyes twinkle if you aren’t feeling twinkly yourself.’
3. 'And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole wold around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.'
4. ‘A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.’
- The Twits
5. 'A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men'
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
6. 'I understand what you’re saying, and your comments are valuable, but I’m gonna ignore your advice.'
- Fantastic Mr Fox
7. 'Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy...'
8. 'Meanings is not important, said the BFG. I cannot be right all the time. Quite often I is left instead of right.'
9. 'It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.'
10. ‘If I were a headmaster I would get rid of the history teacher and get a chocolate teacher instead.'
- A History of Chocolate from the Roald Dahl Cookbook
The Bee Gees singer took to the stage during the 'legends' slot of Glastonbury Festival.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music