Beyhive, Can you handle this?
17 Times Jennifer Lawrence Told It Like It Is
Whether it's about "starving herself for a part" or a funny story about her boobs, Jennifer Lawrence is not ashamed to say it like it is. And for that, J-Law, we salute you.
J-Law doesn't sugar coat in interviews. She speaks her mind and that's why we love her.
Whether she's telling embarrassing stories, speaking out against unrealistic beauty standards or fighting for gender equality, Jennifer Lawrence says what we're all thinking.
Here are 20 times the 'Hunger Games' actress has told it how it is.
Read more: 9 Times Emma Watson Told It Like It Is
1. "I’m over trying to find the “adorable” way to state my opinion and still be likable!"
In an essay on the Hollywood gender pay gap for Lena Dunham's Lenny Letter the Hunger Games actress addressed those leaked emails from Sony that highlighted how much less she was paid than her male counterparts. That was the first she knew about it.
She said: "I didn’t get mad at Sony. I got mad at myself. I failed as a negotiator because I gave up early...
"All I hear and see all day are men speaking their opinions, and I give mine in the same exact manner, and you would have thought I had said something offensive."
2. "I'm never going to starve myself for a part."
In an interview with Elle , J-Law addressed the fact that Hollywood are so obsessed with women's weight.
She said: "I don't want little girls to be like, 'Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner!' [...]I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong, not thin and underfed."
3. "My breasts have life of their own."
When she told Heat magazine why everyone is SO obsessed with boobs. Get over it people!
She said: “I think people are fascinated with breasts that bounce. They are so used to seeing [fake ones]. People are confused [that mine bounce]! My breasts have a life of their own.”
4. "If I don’t have anything to do all day, I might not even put my pants on."
This is what she told Glamour magazine and it just proves that she's the same as the next person. You can't look fabulous all the time can you? We should know!
5. "I tell my friends to slap me if they ever think I’m getting full of myself."
She knows just how lucky she is and she's not pretending she isn't. Jennifer told the Mirror : "I like the financial security because I know how hard it is for so many people who struggle to earn a living. I'm grateful I don't have to worry about money and I can live very freely and do something I love and get paid very well to do it."
6. "I wish this was like Mean Girls and I could just break this up and throw it at all of you."
Her acceptance speech at the People's Choice Awards , because again, she knows she's lucky. PLUS she's a Mean Girls fan!
7. "Yeah it changed my personality and my value system, absolutely! Why wouldn't it?"
She told Clevver TV the honest truth about winning an Oscar. Of course something this big would change a person's life!
Read more: Tough Girls! 10 Fierce Female Heroines
8. "Don't worry about the b****s in school."
This was her advice to the youth of today. She continued to say: "That could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life."
What sound advice this wise woman gives!
9. "Sorry! That was phlegm. That was so powerful. I'm like a dragon!"
J-Law said this on the Letterman Show . Even she is taken aback by her own strength.
13. "I’m a horrible dancer! I’m like a dad at prom. I look like Gumby getting electrocuted."
The Baltimore Sun asked her whether or not we'll see her twerking soon. Her response is perfect.
14. "Anybody who makes fun of me, I'm just gonna go, 'Yeah and then I got touched by Hugh Jackman.'"
This was her response to THAT fall at the Oscars. To be honest, if we'd probably fall over if we had the chance to be helped up by Hugh Jackman. Holler!
15. "[John Stamos] was at a party and I turned into a perverted guy."
At least she's honest right? She told Conan : "I was like following him into rooms and staring at his ass..."
16. "I wrap myself up to look like Lord Voldemort."
She totally slammed the intrusive behaviour of the paparazzi in an interview with Entertainment Weekly: “I wrap myself up to look like Lord Voldemort so that they can’t see anything because the thought of giving them a picture that will make them money absolutely infuriates me.” We hear ya sister!
J-Law, please keep doing what you're doing.
When did Ed get a girlfriend?!
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music