Full names: Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts and Sarah Harding
Career highlights: Their platinum selling debut single 'Sound of the Underground', stayed on the Top 75 chart for more than three years.
Highest charting single: They have had 19 consecutive Top 10 singles, including four number ones.
|Untouchable||Sound of The Underground|
|Something Kinda Oooh||The Promise|
|Love Machine||Sexy! No No No...|
- Girls Aloud are a British girl group created by ITV1 talent show Popstars: The Rivals in 2002 and have become one of the most successful British pop groups of the last decade.
- Girls Aloud hold the record for the shortest time between formation and reaching number one in the UK Charts, with their platinum selling debut single 'Sound of the Underground'.
- Guinness World Records lists them as the Most Successful Reality TV Group in the 2007 edition, and they also hold the record for Most Consecutive Top Ten Entries in the UK by a Female Group in the 2008 edition.
- Girls Aloud have since extended this record to 20 consecutive Top 10s from debut — the most recent being 'The Loving Kind' which reached no. 10 in January 2009.
- Girls Aloud are currently all pursuing solo projects: Cheryl Cole has released her debut solo album, Sarah Harding is starring in St Trinians II, Nicola Roberts is extending her make up range 'Dainty Doll', Nadine is working on her debut album and Kimberly is modelling for New Look.