Full name: Lionel Brockman Richie Jr
Birthday: 20th June 1949
Hometown: Tuskegee, Alabama
Career highlights: Four-time Grammy Award winner
Highest charting single: 'Hello' (No.1 in 1984)
||Dancing on The Ceiling|
|Say You, Say Me||All Night Long|
|Just Go||My Destiny|
- Lionel Richie started his music career in the much-loved 70s Motown group The Commodores. After a string of hits, including 'Easy', he branched out alone.
- Lionel Richie was one of the most successful male solo artists of the 80s, and was eclipsed only by Prince and Michael Jackson in the popularity stakes.
- Lionel dominated the pop charts during the eighties with an incredible run of thirteen consecutive top ten hits.
- In 1983 Lionel released 'Can't Slow Down' which shot him into the first rank of international superstars. The album also won two Grammy Awards including Album Of The Year. It spawned the number one hit 'All Night Long'.
- 1984's 'Hello' spent 15 weeks in the British charts.
- Lionel released 'Just Go' in 2009 and performed a sell-out UK tour.