First Look: 'Fifty Shades of Grey's' Steamiest Scenes
We take a look a exactly what the actors had to go through filming 'those' scenes.
1. Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson share a passionate smooch on set of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'.
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson shoot a steamy kissing scene by Beaver Lake in Stanley Park, Vancouver. The movie is being directed by Sam Taylor Johnson. Picture: Splash
2. The story follows Anastasia's journey of romantic enlightenment.
When shy and unassuming literature student Anastasia Steele interviews the intimidating businessman Mr Grey, her life changes forever.
3. Dakota Johnson admits she found filming some scenes "awkward".
Filming "those" scenes may have been less steamy affair than we'd imagine: "It's not, like, a romantic situation. Dakota told 'The Today Show'. "It's… technical and choreographed… it's more of a task."
4. Jamie Dornan says the pair had "chemistry".
However, Dakota's Irish co-star insisted they had chemistry and emphasised that the pair's on screen relationship is thanks to their mutual "trust" of one another in real life.
5. "The next iconic screen romance".
Jamie Dornan isn't the only one gushing about the pair's sizzling character chemistry. Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley also called the film's protagonists "brave, bold actors", who'll bring to life "the next iconic screen romance".
6. Dakota Johnson doesn't want mum and dad seeing the finished product!
Whilst the film is looking set to be a box office smash, the 24-year-old actress insists she doesn't' want either of her famous parents Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith to see the film: "If it were they doing a (sexy) movie, I wouldn't want to see that" she admitted.
7. "My tastes are very singular" admits Mr Grey to Anastasia. "You wouldn't understand".
Some romantic themes of the book might prove tricky to recreate on screen. The process of converting the erotic novel is "daunting" admits Universal chairman Donna Langley, who emphasises Director Sam Taylor-Johnson is treading "very carefully" in her decision making surrounding the movie.
8. Roll on Valentine's Day 2015!
The film, which is based on the novel by EL James, will hit our cinema screens on February 13 2015.