Boy Leads Sisters To Safety

A boy's leads his two sisters to safety after a fire started in their home.

At 23.08 Monday [14 February 2011] Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service Control mobilised fire appliances to a fire in Park House Way in Havant .

Four Fire Appliances from Havant and Cosham were in attendance. The end of terrace properties ground, first and second floors were all significantly damaged by fire.

Smoke detectors fitted by Hampshire Fire & Rescue activated and alerted two girls to the fire. They then alerted their older brother who led them to safety.

There were a total of six occupants in the home who all escaped. Two males were taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital by Southern Central Ambulance Service suffering from smoke inhalation.

Fire In Havant

"The two girls were asleep at the time of the incident and were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector fitted on a Home Fire Safety Visit in 2005." Explained Station Manager David Hodge "We can tell from the rate of fire spread that the smoke detectors saved the lives of these two girls which emphasises the importance of having working devices in the home."

You can find out more about keeping safe at home from the Hampshire Fire & Rescue website which also advises if you are entitled to a free home safety visit or perhaps know an older person, a family member or neighbour, who would benefit from this free service.

Robert, Terri and Bindi Irwin.

Steve Irwin's Family Return To Continue His Legacy

Halloween Quiz

QUIZ: Find Out Who You're Destined To Be This Halloween!

Dancing on Ice Judge Confirmed

The New 'Dancing On Ice' Judge Has No Ice Skating Experience!

Lord Sugar Apprentice blunder

The Apprentice Fans Spot This HUGE Gaffe During Embarrassing Robot Task