Uni researchers claim it could help detectives with questioning gangs and terrorist cells.
Havant Stabbing Investigation Closed After Suspect Dies
Hampshire Police say the investigation into an attempted murder suspect's been dropped - after he was found dead in his prison cell.
Richard Michael Walsh, 43, was accused of stabbing two boys, aged 12 and 13, in Southleigh Road last month. He was awaiting trial charged with attempted murder.
He appeared in court last month and was remanded in custody to Belmarsh Prison in south east London.
Jail staff found Walsh unresponsive in his cell on Sunday morning. Staff and paramedics battled to save his life but he was pronounced dead.
A Prison Service spokeswoman said:
"HMP Belmarsh prisoner Richard Walsh was found unresponsive in his cell on Sunday 19 July. Staff attempted CPR but paramedics pronounced him dead at 11.07am.
"As with all deaths in custody there will be an investigation by the independent Prisons and Probation Ombudsman."
Walsh, who was also charged with assault and robbing a bicycle, had been due to appear at Portsmouth Crown Court yesterday (Monday 20 July).
A Hampshire Police statement said:
"Hampshire Constabulary was notified on Sunday, July 19 of the death of Richard Michael Walsh at HMP Belmarsh.
"Mr Walsh, aged 43, had been charged by Hampshire detectives with attempted murder and causing actual bodily harm (ABH) following an investigation into a serious assault on Southleigh Road in Havant, on June 26, 2015.
"Two local children aged 12 and 13, who were hurt following the serious assault, were taken to Southampton General Hospital for treatment. Both boys are recovering and have subsequently been released from hospital.
"Officers would like to recognise the valuable contribution made by members of the public who assisted the children before emergency services arrived at the scene of the assault. Their contribution ensured that other people were not seriously injured.
"Mr Walsh was due to appear at Portsmouth Crown Court yesterday (Monday, July 20) in relation to these charges. We can confirm that proceedings are no longer active due to Mr Walsh's death, and that we are not looking for anyone else in relation to our enquiries.
"We are working with the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and the Metropolitan Police to ensure all next-of-kin, victims, witnesses and organisations affected by this case are informed.
"Mr Walsh's death is not believed to be suspicious and the matter will now be passed to the coroner in the Southwark area of London."
31-year-old Gareth Mills from Shaftesbury admitted December's attack in Ringwood Road in Alderholt.
The 18-year-old woman couldn't remember what happened in Damerham High Street - near Fordingbridge.
The two cases happened in the early hours Cambridge Road and Burnaby Road.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.