Use Somebody Kings Of Leon Download 'Use Somebody' on iTunes
10 September 2013, 10:38
A hotel chain has suspended its pest control measures in the UK after a pet dog was mistakenly shot dead at a site in Hampshire.
It happened at the Marriott Meon Valley golf course on Tuesday 3 September.
It is understood the four-year-old Whippet, called Wilma, was mistaken for a rabbit after getting onto the course through the dog owner's adjoining hedge in Shedfield.
A statement for Marriott read:
"Pest controllers are used to prevent damage to the golf course and grounds. This is standard industry practice across most golf courses in the UK and the pest controllers are fully trained and licenced.
"A police investigation is underway and we are fully cooperating. Until this is complete we have suspended all pest control across our UK hotels. We are deeply sorry for the distress this unprecedented and sad incident has caused the dog's owners."
No arrests have been made.