Large Fire At Mexican Restaurant
Firecrews have tackled a large fire at a Mexican restaurant in Southampton.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service control room operators were alerted to a fire at Chiquitos restaurant in Canute Road at 08.33 on Saturday 2nd October 2010.
Crews from St Marys, Redbridge and Hightown were mobilised to the scene. The Aerial Ladder Platform from Redbridge, Special Equipment Unit from St Marys and the Multi Role vehicle from Eastleigh were also mobilised to the scene.
Firefighters were presented with a fire at the restaurant with the roof well alight. The building was single storey of traditional construction 60 meters by 10 meters.
The crews managed to contain the fire to the roof space and avoid the fire spreading to the restaurant floor and the neighbouring properties.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service used twelve breathing apparatus, two hose reels, four jets and an Aerial Ladder Platform..
The stop message for this incident was received at 13.10 hrs.
Officer in charge, Steve Ash said,
“This type of incident is difficult to deal with due to the construction of the roof. Our crews worked incredibly hard together as a team and did a fantastic job in bringing the fire under control. The crews successfully prevented the fire spreading to adjoining properties and prevented further damage. Had it not been for their swift actions and hard work there is no doubt that the damage would have been much more significant”.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Rich and Zoe
6am - 10am
Text 'SOUTH' to 82122
Now playing: Non-stop hit music