MRI Magnets Hurl Wheelchair Across Room

A patient's narrowly escapes serious injury after the strong magnets on an MRI scanner at Southampton General picked up a wheelchair, causing it to fly across the room.

It's after a nurse walked into the room with a metal wheelchair by mistake.

It's believed up to £20,000 in damage was caused.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Southampton General Hospital said:

“This incident was a result of human error by a member of our staff and, although no patients or staff were injured or affected, it is something we are taking very seriously and will continue to investigate to ensure all staff adhere to the stringent safety measures we have in place across the Trust.”

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Toby Anstis

10am - 1pm

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Toby Anstis

Stay tuned...

Watch heart TV

  • Now playing: Non-stop hit music

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Follow Heart on Twitter