Two Girls Indecently Assaulted Last Sunday
PSP Southampton Boat Show Is Back!
In its 43rd year, the UK's leading outdoor boat show, the PSP SOUTHAMPTON BOAT SHOW, returns bringing a host of brand new features and attractions as well as regular Show favourites to the south coast.
The 10-day event is hosted at one of Europe's largest purpose built marinas, featuring over 2km of pontoons. Hundreds of exhibitors from Scotland to the south west, will showcase the marine industry's finest products, services and equipment, whilst almost 1000 boats ranging from historic yachts to the very latest motorboats will be on show to climb aboard, explore and trial.
· Team Racing - all the top sailing clubs will take to the water to do battle around the stunning purpose built marina
· The Commented Boat Parade - A daily display of exhibitor craft and historic vessels
· Feature Boats - Take a look at Navy Vessels, Yachting Monthly's Crash Test Boat, racing machine Banana Shark, historic yacht Gypsy Moth, and carbon fibre pedal powered boat Torpedalo - due to cross the Atlantic for charity in December.
· The Sea Kitchen Theatre - Live cooking demonstrations with some of the region's best restaurant chefs, including Michelin Star celebrity chef Shaun Rankin
· Oyster Festival – The Great British Oyster Festival 2011 is supported by the Shellfish Association of Great Britain. A unique event and the first in the UK to offer daily oyster tasting free of charge, with Oyster fisheries from around Great Britain showcasing produce from Colchester, Essex, Cornwall, Dorset, Scotland and Wales
· Activities – visitors can jump aboard a range of boats, learning to dive, rock climbing on a rotating wall or kayaking in the rolling pool. Kids get the chance to learn to sail with free 90 minute dinghy sailing sessions from Rockley Watersports
· Ladies Day (Thursday sept 22nd) – Fascinators rule the waves as ladies battle to be crowned 'Best Dressed Lady' by Ladies Day Ambassador Shelley Jory-Leigh; British Power Boat Champion. The Rose Road Association is the chosen Ladies Day charity on hand to raise awareness. Heart's very own news reader, Katie Callaghan, will also be taking part in the Ladies Day Powerboat Challenge
Find out more about the boatshow and things like parking by clicking here
A 29-Yr-Old Woman Has Been Arrested After Car Spotted In Water Near Coppins Bridge.
Pause in Old Christchurch Road is home to seven rescue cats, which customers can play with while they eat and drink.
His Bentley hit Anthony Grey on East Park Terrace, after he'd ridden through a red light.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Rich and Zoe
6am - 10am
Text 'SOUTH' to 82122
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.