Woman Confronts Burglars in Portsmouth
Police are appealing for information after a woman, aged in her 20s, confronted two burglars at an address in Portsmouth.
At around 1.45pm on Thursday, June 24 the victim was returning to an address on Angerstein Road, Stamshaw, after she had been shopping.
She turned into the property and as she was walking up the garden path she was confronted by two men who were in possession of a large screwdriver and were trying to gain access to the property.
The woman confronted the men, and they quickly left, walking towards Stamshaw Road.
Police have descriptions of the two men. The first man, who was carrying the screwdriver, is described as:
- Aged 18 – 20
- Around 6ft
- He had a very pale complexion
- Stocky build
- Wearing a navy blue baseball cap, navy blue shorts with a white t-shirt tucked into them, and flip flops.
- He spoke with a Portsmouth accent.
The second man is described as:
- Aged 18-19
- Around 6ft
- Mousey brown hair
- He had a henna style, black tribal tattoo on his left shoulder, and a PFC tattoo on the left calf of his leg
- Wearing green khaki shorts with a pocket on the left hand side of his shorts.
- He also had a white t-shirt tucked into his shorts and was wearing trainers which were white with rigid bottoms.
- He was wearing a dark blue baseball cap.
PC Robert Mitchell, said: "This was a frightening incident which left the vicitm feeling very shaken and shocked by what had happened. This incident took place in broad daylight, and I would appeal to anyone who witnessed what happened, or anyone who saw the offenders in the area, to come forward. As always, I would remind people to be vigilant at all times and report any suspicous activity to the police immediately. Always ensure your property is secure by closing and locking windows and doors when you're out of the room or the house, even during periods of warm weather."
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Mitchell at Fratton police station on 101 or call the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111. Mini-Com users can call 01962 875000. From outside Hampshire and the Isle of Wight call 0845 045 45 45.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music