Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Apple and Cinnamon crepes
Jean-Christophe Novelli Makes Apple and Cinnamon Crèpes
Crèpe mix for 6-8 (2 crepes each)
2 medium eggs
165g plain flour
½ teaspoon of sugar
350ml of semi-skimmed milk
1 dstspn of Flora Buttery spread - melted
- Mix the eggs with the flour and sugar to make a paste.
- Add the milk very slowly. Use just enough so that the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the melted Flora Buttery. Combine thoroughly.
- Heat a heavy based non-stick pan and add a small ladle of batter. Cook until golden on each side.
- Serve immediately or leave them to cool, keeping each one separated from the other by greaseproof paper.
- 1 tblspn Flora Buttery spread
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 70 g soft light brown sugar
- 350 gm baking apples—peeled and sliced
- 250 ml half fat crème fraiche
- Melt the Flora Buttery in a hot pan, add the cinnamon and sugar, and allow to infuse for about a minute before adding the apples.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes just so they start to break down. Remove from the heat.
- Lay the crèpes out and divide the apple mixture evenly between them.
- Now divide the crème fraiche evenly on top of this.
- Fold the right and left hand sides of each crepe to square off the edges then roll up from the open end nearest to you to the top.
- Lay side by side in a dish, sprinkle with caster sugar and glaze under the grill.
- By melting the Flora Buttery and adding to the mixture, you save time as you don’t then need to add Flora Buttery to the pan every time you make a pancake.
- This works equally well with pears, banana, strawberries and raisins.
- The crème fraiche can be substituted with custard or thick yoghurt.
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...