Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
From picnics in the parks to barbecues in the back garden, one of the best things about summer is al fresco dining.
Celebrity TV Chef Lesley Waters had this in mind when she created a selection of summer recipes for Team Whole Grain. These tasty recipes are quick and simple, leaving plenty of time for the whole family to enjoy the sunshine.
Lesley says “Summer cooking is all about simple recipes and making the most of fresh ingredients. These recipes illustrate the versatility of whole grains and how easy it is to integrate them into the diet during the summer season”.
In this video Lesley Waters is joined on Team Whole Grain by Olympic rower Greg Searle as the pair make Mini Lemon Cheerios Cheesecakes.
Mini Lemon Cheerios Cheesecakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
Nutrition information per Cheerios Cheesecake
266 kcal (15% GDA)
12.4g fat (18% GDA)
7.1g saturates (36% GDA)
18.3g sugars (22% GDA)
0.4g salt (10% GDA)
Wholegrain servings: 1
For the base
50g Cheerios whole
For the Lemon Topping
200g low fat 2% Greek yoghurt
5 tbsp lemon curd
Finely grated zest of a lemon
100ml whipping cream lightly whipped
40g Cheerios whole
1. Arrange four 7cm glass ramekins on a baking tray. Divide the 50g Cheerios equally between the ramekins to form a base.
2. To make the topping, put the greek yoghurt, lemon curd and lemon zest into a large bowl and mix until smooth.
3. In a smaller bowl, whip the cream until it makes slightly floppy peaks. Fold the cream into the lemon mixture until smooth. Carefully spoon the mixture onto the Cheerios and smooth off with a palette knife.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until firm.
5. For the topping use Cheerios to decorate as hair and make a blueberry and Cheerios face.
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...