Tributes have been paid to a man who died during an industrial incident at Besthorpe, near Attleborough, last Monday.
Norfolk and Suffolk PCC: Voting Guide
If you're heading to the polling stations to vote for the new Police Crime Commisioner, we've got all the details you need.
When do the PCC elections take place?
Each police force area will hold an election on Thursday 15 November 2012,
and the hours of poll will be from 7am to 10pm.
What will commissioners do?
PCCs will be responsible for:
- Representing and engaging with communities
- Setting priorities and preparing the police and crime plan
- Appointing and dismissing (if necessary) the chief constable
- Holding the chief constable to account
- Setting the policing budget and the council tax precept (the amount of money from your council tax used to pay for police services)
- Publishing an annual report that tells you whether policing priorities and targets have been met.
Which voting system will be used to select PCCs?
The election for the new PCC will use the supplementary vote (SV) system
where voters will be able to vote for a first and second choice candidate.
When will the next elections take place?
After the November 2012 elections, the next election will take place in May
2016, and every subsequent four years.
Who can I vote for?
In Norfolk, the candidates are:
- Jamie Athill - Conservative Party
- Stephen Bett - Independent
- James Joyce - Liberal Democrats
- Steve Morphew - Labour Party
- Matthew Smith – UKIP
In Suffolk, the candidates are:
- Jane Patricia Basham - Labour Party
- David Cocks - Independent
- Bill Mountford - United Kingdom Independence Party
- Tim Passmore - Conservative Party
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances that led to the death of a young woman in Great Yarmouth.
Police are appealing for witnesses and asking communities to be vigilant after six burglaries in the west of the county.
Police are investigating after a woman died in Great Yarmouth.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Noel Vine
4pm - 7pm
Text 'ANGLIA' to 82122
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.