Tributes have been paid to a man who died during an industrial incident at Besthorpe, near Attleborough, last Monday.
Sudbury Transmitter Re-Tune
People living in parts of Suffolk will have to re-tune their TVs today for the next phase of the digital switchover.
The changes will take place after midnight and are expected to be complete by 06:00. All Freeview, BT Vision and Top Up TV boxes, as well as digital TVs, should be retuned at any point after this.
Only viewers served by the Sudbury transmitter, including anyone in places like Ipswich, Felixstowe and Woodbridge, which is an estimated 523,000 households, are affected. Anyone watching Freeview will need to retune in order to regain access to channels including Film4, ITV4 and Yesterday. Those watching just satellite or cable are not affected.
The changes are necessary to move channels to different frequencies as switchover takes place in neighbouring areas.
Peter Monteith, Digital UK Regional Manager for Anglia, said: "Most Freeview viewers in Suffolk and Essex will be familiar with retuning, having done so during digital switchover in the area in July. We’ll be working with the community to make sure everybody is ready."
Anyone needing further help can get detailed advice from Digital UK’s website and advice line.
- Website: digitaluk.co.uk/retuning
- Advice line: 08456 50 50 50
Advice on how to retune your Freeview, Top-Up TV or BT Vision equipment:
- Make sure your Freeview TV or box is on and in digital mode. Press 'menu' on your remote control.
- Select 'set up' or 'installation'. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner.
- If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
- Select the full re-tune option. This is sometimes called 'first time installation', 'factory reset', 'default settings' or 'shipping conditions'. Do not select 'channel update' or 'add channels'.
- Press 'OK' if your equipment asks if you want to delete all your channels, don't worry this is normal.
- Channels will automatically be installed. This may take a few minutes and your equipment may shut down and restart.
These instructions are a guide only – each product works slightly differently. For more information on retuning visit digitaluk.co.uk/retuning.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances that led to the death of a young woman in Great Yarmouth.
Police are appealing for witnesses and asking communities to be vigilant after six burglaries in the west of the county.
Police are investigating after a woman died in Great Yarmouth.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.