There has been a 26% rise in the number of children and young people hospitalised after self-harming in the East of England.
Young People in Suffolk Get Sport Grants
Young athletes in Suffolk are getting help to reach the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Six people are being given money by Suffolk County Council this week to help them with training and their careers. The £4,000 grant was from the Suffolk Sports Aid Foundation - a partnership between Suffolk County Council, Suffolk Sport and Sports Aid. The money will be shared between the six successful athletes.
The Foundation had to choose between a selection of candidates who had been nominated for the funding.
So who's getting the money?
- Evie Edwards - Evie plays for the England Boccia squad and has recently competed in the Cheshire Internationals and the England National Championships, where she won a silver medal.
- Tommy Nicolaou - Tommy is a gymnast and represented Team GB at the Rheintal Cup and the Olympic Hopes Cup.
- Finlay Middleton - Finlay is a member of the national talent group British swimming and hopes to take part in the Paralympic games.
- Hannah Martin and Fran Tew - Hockey players Hannah and Fran play for Ipswich Hockey Club, England Under 18s and the GB Under 21 team.
- Kitty McWhirter - Kitty also plays for Ipswich Hockey Club and the England Under 18s.
Suffolk County Council's Anna McCreadie presented the six athletes with the money. She said: "I was very pleased to present these extremely talented young athletes with cheques for their grant funding.
"This funding will enable them to keep up their training and will hopefully help propel them to Olympic fame one day.
"Investing in our local athletes is incredibly important, as not only will it help them progress their sporting careers but it will also help to inspire others across the county to become involved in sport."
Police have confirmed that a man and a teenage boy have died after an incident at West Meadows in Ipswich yesterday afternoon.
More than 100 people have lost their lives through suicide in prisons in England and Wales so far this year, an all-time record.
The survivor of a serious crash in Norfolk has become the face of the Norfolk PCC's new awareness campaign.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.