Government departments have been told find cuts of up to 6% under plans to reduce public spending by billions.
Energy Prices Puts Pressure On Families
People in the East of England are being told to take immediate action after many of the UK’s energy companies increased the price of fuel last week.
Citizen Advice are asking families to “check, switch and insulate” to make sure that they are making the biggest possible saving.
It’s after it was revealed that 3 in 4 people are hoping for a mild winter so they can have the heating on less - as 38% say they are worried they won’t be able to afford their next energy bill.
Citizen Advice Bureaux in the East helped clients with over 10,300 fuel debt problems in the last 12 months.
Lynne Rawlings, Manager of the Citizens Advice Bureau in Newmarket said:
“Energy prices are set to rise over the next few years so the sensible way forward is to look at your usage and look at your tariff and insulate your home as much as you possibly can.
“My advice is to stay on top of it and don’t let it get out of hand.”
This week is the Big Energy Saving Week set up by the largest six energy companies.
To help the public save money Citizens Advice is offering ways in which to reduce energy consumption.
- Check to see whether you are paying for the best possible deal from your energy supplier.
- Make sure you are getting all the financial help you are eligible for. Up to £20 billion of benefits went unclaimed in 2011.
- Switch to a better deal with a new supplier, particularly if you have never switched before.
- Insulating the loft and cavity walls of your home is a great way to save money on your heating bills. Many energy companies offer this free or at a reduced price.
For more information on ways to save on energy consumption visit: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Four people have been killed and another two injured after a small plane crashed into two homes and caused a huge fire in southern California.
A beloved hippopotamus called Gustavito has died after being beaten and stabbed at El Salvador's national zoo.
Donald Trump has said he wants to raise the amount America spends on defence by a record $54bn (£43bn).
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Families of Tunisia terror attack victims await inquest conclusions
- Seven in 10 parents still have baby clothes their kids have outgrown
- SpaceX to fly two tourists around the Moon next year
- Tunisia terror attack: Most deaths in Sousse massacre 'avoidable'
- Ethnic job targets to boost economy by £24bn per year
- Car involved in Tupac Shakur shooting goes on sale for £1.2m
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's funeral: Sister hopes socialite 'heals in heaven'
- Cowell burglar convicted of £1m jewellery raid
- Oscars In Memoriam gaffe:'dead' woman in tribute video is alive
- Is THIS The Real Reason Why Jennifer Saunders Has Called Time On Ab Fab?