Heart At Brighton Pride
Brighton Pride returns this Friday and we've got the details you need to celebrate a Summer Of Love.
Pride Community Parade at 11am
The annual Pride Community Parade takes palce on Saturday and is one of the biggest and most exciting visual events in the city with a spellbinding spectacular of music, floats, bands, costumes and dancing. Over 200,000 people are expected to participate and watch as the Parade fills the streets when it leaves over Hove Lawns at 11am and travels through the city centre.
Make sure to look out for the Heart Float with the Heart Angels and dancers from Marina Studios at Brighton Marina Village. They Brighton’s largest dance studio complex and home to Street Funk, the South Coast’s most successful Hip Hop Dance School.
Pride Summer Of Love Festival at 12 noon
The legendary Pet Shop Boys will be headlining in Preston Park for the Pride Summer Of Love Festival on Saturday, their first Pride performance in 20 years. They’ve released 26 albums and have won the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music in 2009. Also on stage at this year’s festival, special guests Years & Years and Louisa Johnson.
For tickets to Pride 2017 or to make a donation, visit: www.brighton-pride.org
Road Closures - Saturday 5 August
There will be a rolling road closure in place for these roads starting at 9am. Roads will be reopened as the parade passed and it is safe to do so.
Most roads are expected to be reopened by 3.30pm with the exception of southbound Preston Road that remains closed until midnight.
- Kings Way from Grand Avenue to Kings Road
- Kings Road
- Grand Junction Road
- West Street
- North Street
- Castle Square
- Old Steine
- Marlborough Place
- Gloucester Place
- St George’s Place
- York Place
- London Road
- Preston Circus
- Preston Road
- Stanford Avenue between Preston Road and Florence Road
- New England Road between New England Street and Preston Circus
- Queens Place two way traffic flow
- Oxford Place two way traffic flow
- Francis Street two way traffic flow
- Baker Street two way traffic flow
- Kingsbury Road two way traffic flow
- Rose Hill Terrace two way traffic flow
- Springfield Road two way traffic flow (between Preston road and Beaconsfield Road)
- Preston Road will be closed on Saturday 5 August between 3.30pm and midnight
Road Closures - Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August
The following roads below will be closed from 10am on Saturday 5 August until 3am on Sunday 6 August, and from 1pm until midnight on Sunday 6 August.
- St. James’s Street from the junction with Old Steine East to the junction with New Steine
- Ardingly Street
- George Street
- High Street
- Chapel Street
- Dorset Gardens
- Steine Street
- Manchester Street
- Charles Street
- Broad Street
- Madeira Place
- Camelford Street
- Margaret Street
- Wentworth Street
- Rock Place
- New Steine
- St James Ave
- Devonshire Place
- Pavilion Parade
- Pavilion Street
- Princes Street
- A259 Marine Parade ( 1 lane ) from Aquarium Roundabout to Lower Rock Gardens
- Cavendish Street will be closed from 10am on Saturday 5 August until midnight on Sunday 6 August.
Please note: These listings are subject to change if the Police and/or the Highway Authority consider public safety issues exist.
Brighton Pride 2016 Highlights Video
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart 102.4 and 103.5
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.