A Brighton teenager has been jailed for scamming hundreds of festival-goers hoping to buy tickets for Bestival 2015.
Brighton Marathon: Road Closures & Smog Advice
Brighton and Hove Council is warning people to watch out for road closures and travel disruption in the city on the day of the Brighton Marathon.
It starts in Preston Park at 9.15 on Sunday.
A number of roads are being closed in the city centre, including around the seafront and the A23. For a full list of road closures click here .
Meanwhile, runners who are training for the marathon are being advised to take care in the unusually high levels of smog in the city.
It's being caused by clouds of sand blowing over from the Sahara which are mixing with locally generated pollution.
Rob Galloway, Medical Director and Tom Scanlon, Head of Public Health in Brighton, are urging runners to proceed with caution as they prepare for Sunday's event:
"We advise those training for the marathon to be particularly alert to the possible effects of current high levels of air pollution, and to refrain from training outdoors if they experience a cough, sore throat or sore eyes.
"Anyone who is training for the marathon and who already has a respiratory condition, such as asthma, should refrain from training outdoors on Friday when levels are predicted to be highest. Predictions are that the air quality will improve greatly by the weekend."
The race route
- Starts with a circuit of the park.
- Heads south down A23 London Road to the Old Steine (via North Road, Jubilee Street, New Road and North Street).
- Heads north up A270 Lewes Road (via Ditchling Road and Union Road).
- Turns east into St Leonards Road and back to Lewes Road (via Hastings Road and Franklin Road).
- Heads south to the Old Steine, turning west into St James's Street, south into Lower Rock Gardens and east onto the A259 towards Ovingdean.
- Turns north (at Ovingdean roundabout) into Greenway up to its junction with Ainsworth Avenue and back down to the A259 where the route travels west to Grand Avenue in Hove.
- Heads west along Church Road and New Church Road, south into Boundary Road, east in Seaford Road, north along St. Leonards Road, east into New Church Road and then east to Grand Avenue, where it crosses onto the westbound carriageway of the A259.
- Travels west into Wharf Road, south down Basin Road south and east along the King's Esplanade and A259 carriageway to Madeira Drive where it finishes by the aquarium.
A number of bus diversions are in place. Click here for more information on disruption to public transport.
54-Year-Old Man Jailed For 16 Years. Border Officers Scanned Package Off Barbados Flight.
Southern Rail's Putting On Extra 200 Trains.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart 102.4 and 103.5
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.