Matt & Michelle's Top 20 Spots To Enjoy A Drink In The Sun This Weekend
The sunshine is finally back in the Thames Valley, so it's all about hot days and cold refreshing drinks. Here's our pick of the top 20 country pubs and beauty spots to enjoy a drink in the sunshine this weekend.
1) The Muddy Duck near Bicester OX27 8ES
Family run pub sourcing fresh produce from local farms with its own outdoor pizza oven in the Garden.
2) The Cherry Tree Inn in Stoke Row RG9 5QA
Beautiful garden to enjoy the sunshine and children & pets are welcome.
3) Head of the River in Oxford OX1 4LB
The perfect spot to relax after a day punting on the River Thames in Oxford.
4) The Swan in Pangbourne RG8 7DU
Matt Jarvis might be the new boy, but it hasn't taken him long to discover a pub that's so close to the Thames you're almost sitting in it.
5) The Fishes in North Hinksey OX2 0NA
A hidden gem near the edge of Oxford with a garden made for BBQs and picnics in the summer.
6) The Crown in Playhatch RG4 9QN
Great food and a beautiful garden just outside Reading, perfect for a late summer evening drink or two.
7) Sturdy's Castle in Tackley OX5 3EP
On the gateway to the Coltswolds, it's the ideal stop off after day exploring Blenheim Palace. They even have rooms so you can stay over if you have one too many.
8) Foxs & Hounds in Theale RG7 4BE
A traditional English pub garden where Heart Breakfast's Michelle Jordan enjoys more than the odd glass of presecco ;-)
9) Peacock Farm in Bracknell RG12 8SS
Right in the heart of Royal Berkshire with not one, but two beautiful gardens to relax and drink in the sunshine.
10) The Bull in Sonning RG4 6UP
Wonderful beer garden to catch some sun and it's George Clooney's local . . need we say more?
11) Angel on the Bridge in Henley RG9 1BH
Just about as close as you can get to the Thames without getting wet, the river runs directly underneath the decking.
12) The Rowbarge in Woolhampton RG7 5SH
Located right alongside the canal with the chef barbecuing in the garden, try the food you won't be disappointed.
13) The Wild Lime in Banbury OX16 5PY
The ideal stop off in Banbury during a busy summer shopping visit to Castle Quay.
14) The Leather Bottle at Mattingley RG27 8JU
A classic village inn with a warm and friendly atmosphere, just the place to share a bottle with friends.
15) The Trout at Tadpole Bridge in Bampton SN7 8RF
The ideal place for a pint and a riverside walk in the sunshine along the Thames at Tadpole Bridge.
16) Victoria Arms in Marston OX3 0QA
Punt along the river from the dreaming spires of Oxford and enjoy a drink on the banks of the River Cherwell.
17) The Newbury in Newbury RG14 5HB
Wonderful roof terrace in the heart of Newbury, ideal after a hot day shopping at Parkway.
18) The Plough at Clanfield OX18 2RB
Ideal for a special summer treat and home to the famous Cotswold Gin Pantry with over 180 different gins on the shelves.
19) The Bugle Horn in Hartwell HP17 8QP
Rural charm and rustic character with a pretty garden just a short distance from Aylesbury.
20) Winterbourne Arms near Newbury RG20 8BB
Award winning traditional country inn ideally located for walkers exploring the Berkshire countryside.