House Of Fun Madness
26 August 2016, 07:51
The M4 through Berkshire and Bucks down to the West Country will be one of the busiest roads this weekend.
Basingstoke based, the AA estimate 13 million drivers will be on the UK's roads between now and Monday as part of the big bank holiday getaway.
The busiest single day for motorists embarking on leisure journeys is expected to be Saturday, when 10 million people will get behind the wheel.
Highways England announced that almost 98% of England's motorway and major A roads will be clear of roadworks over the weekend.
Some 373 miles of roadworks have either been completed or suspended.
:: These are the top 11 congestion hotspots to avoid over the Bank Holiday weekend (expected delay in brackets), according to Inrix:
1. M25 between J9 Leatherhead and J21 Winch Hill Wood (90 minutes)
2. M5 southbound from J14 Thornbury and J22 Highbridge (90 minutes)
3. M25 between J4 Orpington and Dartford Tunnel (50 minutes)
4. M27/A31 between Southampton and Ringwood (50 minutes)
5. M4 westbound from London to the West Country (50 minutes)