The latest figures show house prices in Oxford went by 8.1% in the last year.
Be Safe On Bonfire Night
Police and firefighters have issued warnings about the dangers of fireworks before bonfire night.
South Central Ambulance have told Heart last year they received 4 phone calls related to fireworks between the 1st and 7th of November, compared with 13 during the same period the year before.
Hampshire Police say individuals found setting of fireworks at unsocial hours could be given an £80 fixed penalty notice.
Berkshire Fire and Rescue have given this advice:
Always follow the Firework Code:
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114 or with a CE mark - this shows that the firework meets British or European safety standards (a reputable shop will know this).
- Don't drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Light at arm's length, using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five
- Keep pets indoors.
- Build bonfires well away from buildings, fences, trees and garden structures.
- Never burn aerosols, tyres, canisters or anything containing foam or paint - many produce toxic fumes and some containers may explode causing injury.
- Don't use petrol or paraffin to get the fire going as it could quickly get out of control.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose nearby in case of emergencies.
- Never leave the bonfire unattended and keep children and pets away from it.
- Don't throw fireworks into the fire.
- Once the bonfire has died down, spray the embers with water to stop it reigniting.
A man's been charged with murdering Daniel Lavender in Aylesbury.
More than 150 distracted motorists were pulled over in Hampshire and the Thames Valley in a week-long operation.
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Leonne Weeks, 16, who was found dead on a path in Rotherham.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.